Friday, March 13, 2009

Praise the Lord!!!

Hi peoples! I am really happy to be writing today, because I have an awesome praise story for y'all. God is so faithful, it is just incredible. I go to a youth service/Bible study called LEAP at my church, and we have been doing a thing where we focused on learning about prevailing prayer and tried to improve our prayer lives. We had a whiteboard where we wrote things we wanted to pray about as a group. The first thing to go on the board when we started a couple months ago was my best friend, Logan. I had found out just before that that Logan had started smoking. I was very distressed about that, because I know smoking damages people, not only physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. I knew people who had lost some part of themselves when they took up smoking, and I wasnt willing to lose that in Logan. I had tried talking to him, but it was kind of talking to a wall, because he wasnt in a position where he was willing to listen too seriously to anyone. I know him well, and know that he has a tendency to be stubborn, so after expressing my concern and letting him know that I still loved him just as much, I left it more or less alone. But I prayed. I prayed as often as I thought of it, and now the whole youthgroup has been praying for him. Last time we met, and we had a prayer session, I really felt like the Lord was there with us. It was a pretty amazing, powerful time, and I also felt like the Lord had been telling me it was going to be ok. I went home feeling a lot better, and later that night, I got a text from Logan saying that he was done with smoking. Now, I am no fool to addiction, and I know it's easy for him to say he's done until he wants another cigarette (that's just human nature). I asked him if he was just kinda-done, or totally-and-completely, for-the-glory-of-the-Lord DONE. He responded to tell me that he was, in fact, completely and utterly fed-up and DONE with smoking, and that he hadnt had a cigarette in two weeks. I started crying for joy right then and there. It wasnt the first time the Lord has worked a miracle in Logan's life(that's a story for another time), but I never stop being amazed. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, praise His holy name! -Psalm 103:1 Never doubt the power of prayer, or you will be missing out on one of God's greatest gifts to us. So go out and move mountains! I love you all, God bless!

-Johni

Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. -Mark 11:24

No comments:

Post a Comment